Saturday, June 30, 2012

Welcome


The Good, the Bad, and the Bloody
The Fun Forgotten Stories of Military History
            I have decided to create a blog in which I explore the interesting forgotten stories of military history.  What makes this blog different is the stories that will be told.  History is full of sex, violence, and intrigue - what we have come to expect from an HBO series.  Despite this, most military history blogs and periodicals have chosen to focus almost entirely on the Civil War and Hitler/WWII.  That's not to say that those topics are uninteresting, but people have been killing each other for a long time.  This blog will focus on those forgotten yet interesting stories.  We forget that 16-year-old Charles XII conquered most of Eastern Europe, William Walker's repeated attempts to conquer Central America, and the British defeat at Tanga by the deadly combination of Germans and bees.
            These stories and many others will be explored in readable and (hopefully) interesting posts.  This summer I hope to post once every three days.  This may slow down when school starts, depending on public interest.  I am more than happy to take requests for regions, time periods, etc.  Also, if you have a fun, forgotten story from military history please send to me at gbbmoderator@gmail.com so I can post it.  Guest submissions are more than welcome.  Also, anything to add to the stories that I post (or any corrections that you may have) are welcome as well.  I hope that you have as much fun reading this blog as I will have writing it.  Sincerely,
-Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment